Sigmarian Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sigmarian Vanguard

Warhammer Online

You are not connected. Please login or register

People slagging of wow

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1People slagging of wow Empty People slagging of wow Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:49 am

Admin

Admin

to me, i dont realy understand why, it is without a doubt the most sucessfull mmo created and highly unlikely anything will overtake it. People say that there are no things to do, there are plenty : level an alt, bg, arenas, pve, rp, proffesions, there are so many.

I played alot of wow, both Alliance and Horde, i had one for pvp and one dedicated to pve, even though wiping on simple things is frustrating i dont understand why people say it was boring and even attempt to relate it to other games. People are already relating it to war, which is stupid because war is about 1 month old and warcraft is years old.

As for Blizzard, i dont realy like the way they want to get lots and lots of money, even though they dont realy need it. but they do a good job in mainting a good game.

Just another thought, my own opinion.

https://sigmarianvanguard.forumotion.com

2People slagging of wow Empty Re: People slagging of wow Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 am

Bolts

Bolts

My problems with WoW generally come from the sense that it is monopolizing the MMORPG market and essentially sinking any chance of innovation in this genre with it.

What Blizzard needs to do is make a new game, but why bother when the sheep will always be suckling at this teet with bags of money to throw at them?

The game is decently made, works well despite the constant loot grabbing problems I had when I played, and has a quirky kind of charisma to it. But I wouldn't rate it more than a 7/10 I don't know why, I just don't think it was that good of a game, and its a gameplay issue, I didn't feel engaged, I felt like a robot playing it. It doesn't deserve the money it's making.

3People slagging of wow Empty Re: People slagging of wow Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 am

Admin

Admin

Bolts wrote:My problems with WoW generally come from the sense that it is monopolizing the MMORPG market and essentially sinking any chance of innovation in this genre with it.

I think that this is what makes it more of a chellenge for other companies, if they cant make an mmo that can even match Blizzard then there will never be a better mmo.

Bolts wrote:What Blizzard needs to do is make a new game, but why bother when the sheep will always be suckling at this teet with bags of money to throw at them?

Blizzard has many games, such as Diablo and they are releasing starcraft 2, which will drag many players away from wow as most people who play wow wanted it.

Bolts wrote:The game is decently made, works well despite the constant loot grabbing problems I had when I played, and has a quirky kind of charisma to it. But I wouldn't rate it more than a 7/10 I don't know why, I just don't think it was that good of a game, and its a gameplay issue, I didn't feel engaged, I felt like a robot playing it. It doesn't deserve the money it's making.

Hmm, my view is slightly differant. I think the same that they dont deserve all the money they make, as making things such as a name change and server transfer more than the cost of the subscription is wrong but i dont think its like robot playing.

https://sigmarianvanguard.forumotion.com

4People slagging of wow Empty Re: People slagging of wow Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 am

Bolts

Bolts

Admin wrote:
Bolts wrote:My problems with WoW generally come from the sense that it is monopolizing the MMORPG market and essentially sinking any chance of innovation in this genre with it.

I think that this is what makes it more of a chellenge for other companies, if they cant make an mmo that can even match Blizzard then there will never be a better mmo.

Heres the thing though, smart money goes towards wise investments, and with the current range of MMORPG flops out there, smart money goes to WoW clones.

Any game with the hint of a change in direction gets slammed for not being enough like WoW.

Any game that is a WoW clone gets slammed for being a WoW clone.

The MMORPG realm is at a stalemate, and whilst WoW is the elephant in the room, nothing else will see the light of day, as people are not fans of the MMORPG genre, they are fans of WoW, or simply the MMORPG.com population of MMORPG haters.

As for Starcraft 2 and Diablo III, they are both single player games at heart, and both feature an isometric view that makes the player incredibly seperate of their character, I think Blizzard fans will play them alongside WoW.

5People slagging of wow Empty Re: People slagging of wow Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:56 am

Ulricus

Ulricus

Im not gonna place myself in any camp, be it the WoW camp or the "Every other MMO" camp. I do think though that WoW does what it does good. Its a good PvE game in my opinion. The biggest problem for me, is some of the things that Bolts is onto. The fact that people seems to have been lulled into a WoWocentric view of MMOs. Its either a WoW-Clone, a game that is supposed to beat WoW or put it of its throne. Every god damn game that comes out now is instantly compared to WoW be it for good or worse and thats probably my main issue with the whole thing.

I dont have anything against WoW as a game. If people feel that it is fun then by all means play it, my grudge is with the general consensus that seems to dominant at the moment that every new MMO that comes out just HAS TO BE compared to WoW. Which I feel is, as Bolts puts it, stagnating the MMO scene. But this in my opinion doesnt have as much to do -with the game itself- but more do to with how people are thinking about MMOs.

6People slagging of wow Empty Re: People slagging of wow Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Bolts

Bolts

Aye like Ul says, its not its an absolute dire game, however the expansion pack is definitely not worth it, especially with the amount of other games you could be spending the same money on out there at the moment, and for me it just didnt sparkle it had no moments, and as Flis comments about in his intro post, they are quite important, and I've already had two of these moments in my WAR play time.

7People slagging of wow Empty Re: People slagging of wow Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:22 pm

flis

I dont think WoW is a bad game - it just doesn't shine for me.

I enjoyed Wow for a while - all these games are for me are chat with something to do bolted on. It's the community thats the thing that sets games aside, not loot/xp/money or whatever "shinies" a game has to offer.

The cartoony graphics were ok to start with, but it just looks like Rayman to me these days. The game system was ok, but it was always "whack a mole" compared to DAoC. When I got to 50 and started raiding, I had a gas - right up until the people in my guild started the loot politics, with DKP systems to say who could roll, and people not allowed to save DKP when they wanted if something dropped they could use that was a tiny bit better than what they had. As it was, I could play the game and have fun only while the community held. It just got all stressy.

These games are great when the "stuff" isn't as important as playing and having a laugh with my mates - and WoW is very "stuff-centric".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum