Sigmarian Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sigmarian Vanguard

Warhammer Online

You are not connected. Please login or register

Destro guild?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Destro guild? Empty Destro guild? Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Epo

Epo

Hey guys, im sure other people in the guild have maybe thought about this one time or the other but what's the possibility of setting up a destro guild on a server which all agree on?

I myself play lots of different characters so im constantly spread accross servers and factions Razz . Thought it could be a nice idea if we can perhaps arrange it sometime. Would be nice to hear what you all have to say on this aswell. Wink

-Epo

2Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Ulricus

Ulricus

While I do almost always feel a compelling pull towards the Destro side (Damn those ruinous powers!)It is most likely because I feel that currently Destruction is getting...a little to much love. Check the 1.05 Ironbreaker Grudge "fix" and the Black Orc Buff...I mean, wtf...Black Orcs need to be -more- compelling and Ironbreakers need a fix?

Enough Ranting

Main reason for not playing a destruction character and into a destruction guild, for me that is, basically a matter of time. I dont have the time to "dual"-play chars Smile I usually go for a main, in a main guild with perhaps an alt. Thats about as much effort that I got time to put into an MMO Smile I also got settled in nice and comfy into this here guild now as well Very Happy

I dont really see it as that much of a hassle though if there is enough interest in it. I -love- the greenskins. The whole look and the feel of them and would love to play and RP one. Lets see how much interest there might be ? Smile

3Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Bolts

Bolts

Where I'd like to give destro a go, most probably the Blackguard or Chosen, I have to ask:

- Where would we go? Makaisson is as dead as Jacob Marley.
- Would it split our focus? Unless we had dedicated Destro days, would new players to Vanguard understand a sudden lack of members on certain days?

However if the funometer says hell yes, then maybe we should do it anyway Razz

4Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:22 am

Ulricus

Ulricus

Lets not forget the 1.1 patch ! I will probably roll a Knight, perhaps a healer to give Order (And most of all SV) a much needed influx of Tanks. However...I have no idea if I even will -enjoy- the Knight. If so, then I will probably stick with Order. If not...well, the ruinous powers on the other side might become even more compelling Twisted Evil

Also, let us not rule out the possebility of future server transfers or even merges. If merges were to be actual then its most reasonable to assume that Maikasson and Burlok would merge. Leaving at least me with only one server to roll on...and Im not so sure I would like to delete my order chars Shocked

5Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:12 am

Admin

Admin

I dont think that merges will ever happen, as when the tried server cloning and other things, they had little effect. id love to see a destro guild set up. Makaisson is a good server, good community, like burlok but with no precept.

https://sigmarianvanguard.forumotion.com

6Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:01 am

Bolts

Bolts

Its also empty as a really empty thing.

I had something witty then it buggered off

7Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:07 am

Epo

Epo

Bolts wrote:Its also empty as a really empty thing.

I had something witty then it buggered off
#

im confused.com Sad

8Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:34 am

Admin

Admin

Did some looking, i found that Kara-eight-peeks to be the best one, very active server, low and high levels. its a core server.

https://sigmarianvanguard.forumotion.com

9Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Ulricus

Ulricus

Hm, Karak-Eight peeks was the server that had the first Altdorf siege on it. Mostly because a couple of factors

Destro exploiting fortress bugs
Destro outnumbering Order (Not very new)

Im not sure what the situation is now on the server though. I just dont want to roll on a "Destro wins all server" even if I roll a Destro char.

10Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:43 am

Ulricus

Ulricus

Admin wrote:I dont think that merges will ever happen, as when the tried server cloning and other things, they had little effect. id love to see a destro guild set up. Makaisson is a good server, good community, like burlok but with no precept.

Cloning was used to deal with overpopulation in the earlier stages of WAR. So that people didnt have to wait in line to get onto thier server if the destro or order quota was filled.

Merging on the other hand is a method to deal with underpopulated servers. I dont think anyone has blamed Burlok for being underpopulated yet, but Makaisson has the "please play on this server" help on them like advertising and exp/renown buffs. Im not saying that a merge is immenent. But I could very well be an option to merge the two EURP- Servers if the population doesnt grow on these servers. Wink

WAR needs lots of players to be able to pull of the things that make it great. The big ORvR battles and the endgame city sieges. Player transfers are already in progress on the US servers. If they were to come to EU, its reasonable to assume that people from Burlok would either transfer to Makaisson or vice-versa. Seeing that there are only two RP servers. Transfers from one to the other by a large number of players could leave one of the RP servers deserted. Transfers in this sense almost counts as merges. Smile

11Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:39 pm

flis

We could roll some destro on another server but I don't see the point other than to water down the guilds time and focus.

12Destro guild? Empty Re: Destro guild? Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:57 am

Bolts

Bolts

Sometimes I get the urge to roll a destro alt, just to see the game from the other side, any idea what server we could do this on, so that if I do make an alt its not going to be stranded?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum