Sigmarian Vanguard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sigmarian Vanguard

Warhammer Online

You are not connected. Please login or register

not much to look forward to?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1not much to look forward to? Empty not much to look forward to? Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:45 am

Admin

Admin

well, this is my own personal opions so im sorry if i end up offending anyone. To me it seems that in this guild there isnt realy much for me to look forward to, at the moment me and sag are the only rank 40s and cant realy do much with just the two of us, some people are getting close to 40, as sag is boosting acer i know. But due to the fact that many of the guild is starting over once te kotbs is out, it means that guild events isn't realy going to work, as people who re-roll are going to be leveling once again from 1.

So, what is there for me to look forward to whilst in this guild? Personaly i find Orvr a complete bore, it's not challenging in any ways as its just repetative, the biggest zerg wins and you get nothing realy for it, and it seems that all the guild events to do with rvr is open rvr.

just a few thoughts that came to me, thought i should share them.

https://sigmarianvanguard.forumotion.com

2not much to look forward to? Empty Re: not much to look forward to? Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:27 am

Bolts

Bolts

What are we matey chopped liver Razz It's not like I'm gonna delete Boltsie despite the fact that my entire mastery tree just visited nerf city.

Personally ORvR gives me that epic feeling that Scenarios don't, and I don't know if you've noticed but the majority of the time I'm the only fella participating in Open RvR. Scenarios to me seem repetitive. Especially after you've seen serpents passage launch for the millionth time.

What have you got to look forward to, exactly the same things you had to look forward to previously, I'm still gonna have a high level character, and eventually two.

3not much to look forward to? Empty Re: not much to look forward to? Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:42 pm

flis

Admin wrote:well, this is my own personal opions so im sorry if i end up offending anyone. To me it seems that in this guild there isnt realy much for me to look forward to, at the moment me and sag are the only rank 40s and cant realy do much with just the two of us, some people are getting close to 40, as sag is boosting acer i know. But due to the fact that many of the guild is starting over once te kotbs is out, it means that guild events isn't realy going to work, as people who re-roll are going to be leveling once again from 1.

No offense taken! Very Happy

I'm not starting again at level one. Just for the record - if I roll a KOTBS he'll end up being a tier one toon, same as a few others of mine. They do 1 - 12 when I feel the need to play something else. I do this all the time with other "throw away" toons.

Admin wrote:So, what is there for me to look forward to whilst in this guild? Personaly i find Orvr a complete bore, it's not challenging in any ways as its just repetative, the biggest zerg wins and you get nothing realy for it, and it seems that all the guild events to do with rvr is open rvr.

Erm where to begin...orvr - "the biggest zerg wins" - DAoC was zergy too, but balanced and sensible groups controlled via vent/TS was always > zerg. We used to type stuff into the local chat channels to manipulate it. "omg massive inv at xxx" etc. Our thinking was if you want to act like sheep, we'll herd you.

Perhaps the best solution to solving the zerg v zerg you see is to step up to the plate and take command. Say "closed WB, /w for invite only if you can follow orders" then use the players you have. Use WH's for scouts perhaps, use other toons as bait. set traps. let the zerg take the keeps and farm the other zerg. Harry the supply line spawn points with small mobile Rdps groups and healers that can mount and run. Be really, really annoying. Given the choice, kill the same healer over and over then leave the rest to the zerg. I dont know, im thinking out loud here and im getting ready for work with my first coffee at 5:31am.

Whatever you do, I see the people in this guild (interested in orvr) getting together and heading out as an organised force at some point. Who knows when, but it's kind of inevitable. I'd say a great place to start training this would be in new emsrank, t1 orvr with some throwaway toons. Perhaps a guild night event?

Patience young padowan *uses the force*

Oh, and then there's the PVE......

4not much to look forward to? Empty Re: not much to look forward to? Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:09 am

Ulricus

Ulricus

No offense taken at all Ad Smile I can understand that it might be a bit slow now in the guild from your perspective, being one out of two rank 40.

First of all, some of us are on the way up there as well, me being rank 35 now together with Bolts, Krogan, Ordan and Zanatoth. So we do have some people up there in the higher tier 4. But as with anything when it comes to MMOs, everyone has their own way of playing and some might reach highest lvl quicker then other and then bore when people are being slower up the lvls. Patience is a virtue here since its not about one way of playing the game but several ways of playing the game and all of them being viable since you as a player would probably play it the way you seem most fun for you Smile

Personally, I am trying to get Ulricus up as high as possible before Im gonna roll a knight. I am however going to keep Ulricus for tier 4 to do stuff there as well. The knight Im rolling is mainly because Im interested in the class and because I feel that there is a shortage of tanks in the guild and Orderside in general. I feel very compelled to try out the new tankclass therefore and see if its any fun! With that being said, Im not really looking forward towards doing tier 1-4 again, since I´ve seen most of it already. Thats why Im keeping Ulricus to take on everything I have yet to see in tier 4 and continue up towards rank 40. The knight for me is mainly going to be an alt with the potential of being my main when I reach highers ranks with it.

As what to look forward to. Well, if we focus on tier 4 or rather rank 35+ characters there are some stuff to do. I agree to some points about ORvR being, from a first viewpoint, all about numbers and zergs but I firmly believe the same things as Flis is on about. That a well balanced smaller group with good communication and tactics can break apart a zerg and really hamper it good. The ORvR is going to be an essential part as well to reach that goal at the end of the tunnel, sieging the Ineviteble City. This for me is the biggest draw with the ORvR. Scenarios to me give of more of a "farm renown quick" feel and I tire really quick with them. I have had however great times in a scenario with guild and alliance groups. It is in those scenarios that you can see in small scale how tactics and communication really pays off. One of the challenges and things to look forward to no is to try and blow it up to a larger ORvR scale.

As with ORvR being pointless I dont agree. With the upcoming 1.04 patch or 1.05 patch (I cant remember) there is now always 3 golden loot bags rewarded with a keep take and 6 golden loot bags with a fortress take. Personally I dont really need loot to push me into ORvR. Some of the greatest times in WAR for me has been in Keep sieging and defending.

(There is a little story to read about this soon in the Roleplay section about a Siege on Gnol-Baraz that I and Bolts participated in. Its gonna be dramatised a little but it is "Based on a true story" with events in the story tolded pretty much as they played out. This siege was massive fun. An epic struggle which lead to the greatest victory I have yet to feel in a MMO.)

So apart from the pust towards The Inevible City the golden lootbags offer up some of the nicest items in the game, one being a part to the tier 4 RvR gear set. So if one really like loot and feel that this is the most important thing for one as a player the ORvR is rewarding indeed.

More things in upper tier 3 and tier 4 are still unexplored as well. The Bastion Stair for instance which you start getting quests for at rank 33. I spoke to Sagrenor about this and it seems, judging from the forums, that its a dungeon for rank 38-40 characters and it offers up some nice PvE challenges. On top of this there is The Lost Vale which is the endgame Rank 40 dungeon. Same basic layout as Mount Gunbad, which I have had a blast playing even though I outrank it massively, and The Bastion Stair. Granted, we wont be able to do Lost Vale for quite some time. This again all depends on how people approch the game. Some as you and Sagrenor like to get to lvlcap quick, some of us are more slow. Again, patience, we are all inevitebly (spelling?) going to reach 40. Its just a matter of time.

So there are things to do, but I wouldnt for the world use them as arguments to pursuade you to stay in the game and the guild if you feel less compelled at the moment to do so. These are just some of the things that I gamewise look forward to and keeps me ingame. And again, I know that we are going to get there eventually. Its just, as I said before, a matter of time, faith and a litte patience Smile

((WARNING, MAJOR SIDENOTE TO FOLLOW))

On a little sidenote, and this is related to another discussion being had in a other thread. I will not go as far as to blaming here but offer up a hypothesis about why this feeling, the feeling that Ad expresses, seems to be more and more frequent among more players in MMOs these days. If every single MMO that hits the market now is compared to WoW one has to remember that WoW has been out there for quite some time now and most of the players in WoW are either in the endgame or very very near it. This is ofcourse true for most MMOs that has a couple of years on its back, but WoW really took the expression endgame and blow it up to massive proportions. As I stated before in that thread, I do believe they do it good, the endgame that is. Problem nowadays seems to be that alot of players compare new MMOs to WoW and expect at least the same endgame content as they got in WoW. A consequense of this could be that alot of players race up to highest rank and get dissapointed when they see that there is nothing to do. And along that way they are missing alot of the content that was on thier road up there. A game as WAR has only been out for a very short time and already people are complaining (Not saying you are Ad) about content and lack of motivation to play. This is not wierd at all, why put time and effort into appreaciating a new game when you can be served something good already? Thats alreay out there for the taking and has been proven by a large playerbase to be really rewarding and fun? This leads in to end to the stagnation that Bolts is on about in his post. Most players expect, at the least a new WoW experience and as such go into a direct comparison mode whenever they tackle a new MMO. As such the possibilty of dissapointment and lack of motivation is far higher then it would be should you approach a new MMO without the WoW-Glasses on.

This is not a try to offer up an all encompasing explanation, it is just a hypothesis. My 2 cents as its called I believe Smile

Sorry for the massive post, I tend to write alot when I get into "thinking and theorising" mode. Embarassed

5not much to look forward to? Empty Re: not much to look forward to? Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:15 am

Segismundo

Segismundo

i just can say that reading your thoughts, i hope you aren't going to leave the guild adealia u.u

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum